The computation of SLRF2008 was decided within the ILRS/AWG to fill the lack of a complete reference for all the SLR sites ever having tracked the LAGEOS and other satellites.
The set of coordinates/velocities herein is the result of a two-step process:
- the generation of a similar archive (SLRF2005) by ASI, using the combination of three frames: ITRF2000, ITRF2005 (rescaled for SLR) and a loose global solution computed by ASI to consider the new sites not included at the time in ITRF2005, and
- the official ITRF2008 solution from ITRS PC at IGN.
- a JCET solution for post-quake Concepcion pos+vel in ITRF2008.
- a JCET solution for Burnie (7370) based on 19 arcs of Starlette data and three arcs of Ajisai data, reduced within the ITRF2008 frame.
The archive of station positions and velocities herein was produced at JCET as follows:
- The historical sites in SLRF2005 that were not included in ITRF2008 were identified and their positions were propagated (using their SLRF2005 vel/ties to 2005.0, then transformed with the official 14-parameter transformation that links ITRF2005 and ITRF2008, to the ITRF2008 frame. The archive contains positions and velocities for 183 stations representing 159 separate sites.
- The archive carries now a "VERSION" (date of release), since it is our intention to periodically update it with the inclusion of additional sites as they become active within ILRS or improved coordinates/velocities for recent sites with a limited data record in ITRF2008 or those activated after the release of ITRF2008.
- August 08, 2016 - correction of a typo in the Z-component for Mendeleevo 2 (1874)
- August 04, 2016 - correction of the position coordinates for Mendeleevo 2 (1874) (DGFI solution)
- July 15, 2016 - updated to include improved Sejong (7394) coordinates
- September 28, 2015 - updated coordinates to include recently qualified stations (Irkutsk/1891, Brazilia/7407) and those undergoing validation (Wettzell/SOSW).
- April 10, 2014 - updated coordinates for 7359 (Daedok, South Korea).
- March 24, 2014 - generated for the ILRS reanalysis activities in support of ITRF2013.
- December 18, 2012 - updated version that includes three recently accepted new Russian stations and an addition for the FTLRS occupation at Tahiti (7822).
- September 13, 2011 - approximate coordinates and NUVEL1A-NNR velocity for Arkhyz 1886 and FTLRS in Tahiti were added.